The re-design of the public spaces has focused on restoring the hotel’s many fine interior architectural features, while incorporating a number of valuable artistic pieces from the property’s collection, including crystal chandeliers, antique paintings and sculptures.
Situated within the historic ‘Golden Triangle of Art’, an area defined by the most important museums in the city – the property’s location within a prestigous residential area close to Madrid’s financial and commercial district and to El Retiro Park, adds to its appeal in one of Europe’s greatest capitals.
- Located in the famous Golden Triangle of Art, opposite the Prado & Thyssen museums and next to Retiro Park and the Madrid Stock Exchange
- In the heart of Madrid’s main shopping neighbourhood and historic area
- Within easy walking distance of the financial district
- 15 km from Madrid-Barajas Airport.
Guestrooms and Suites
Gilles & Boissier have created a sophisticated design for the hotel’s new guestrooms, encapsulating a classic but contemporary residential style for the 153 rooms including 53 suites. Within the suite inventory, there are several one-of-a-kind speciality suites, featuring unique design elements inspired by the hotel’s historic connections to the city, Spanish culture and art. A spacious Royal Suite and the Presidential Suite feature magnificent views over the Prado museum. Located in the top floor turrets are two new suites, each with private balconies and views over the Prado Museum and Lealtad Square.
Restaurants and Bars
Chef Quique Dacosta, one of the most celebrated chefs in Spain, has been appointed to design, develop and oversee all culinary operations at the hotel’s five restaurants and bars.
At Mandarin Oriental Ritz, Madrid, a signature Quique Dacosta restaurant, overlooking the famous hotel garden, is set to be a destination in its own right. All day dining and traditional afternoon tea will be served in the elegant surroundings of The Palm Court, under a spectacular glass canopy ceiling that formed an integral part of the original building but had been lost for 80 years and will be reconstructed.
Guests will also be able to dine in the Ritz Garden or enjoy the charm of the Ritz Bar. Finally, the Champagne Bar will offer an ever-changing selection of exclusive champagnes paired with a signature tapas menu.
Leisure & Wellness
The hotel’s new leisure and wellness facilities include a heated indoor swimming pool, a vitality pool, experience showers, a steam room and a contemporary fitness centre. A dedicated treatment room has been designed as a hidden sanctuary, providing a range of exclusive local and signature beauty and massage treatments.
- Offering an escape from the stress of urban life, our leisure and wellness facilities will provide space in which to relax and revive.
- A hidden sanctuary providing exclusive local and signature beauty and massage treatments by The Beauty Concept.
- Heat and water facilities including a heated indoor swimming pool (28º), a vitality pool, experience showers and a steam room.
- Fully equipped contemporary fitness center with Technogym equipment